Photography has been a longtime passion and sometimes vocation. From 2004-2015 my primary interest was photographing ghost towns, junkyards, and modern ruins by the light of the moon. I taught night photography, Photoshop, and Lightroom classes at colleges and workshops during much of this time. I've also enjoyed shooting 360º panoramas.
As of late 2016, I'm mostly taking a break from the presentation layer of photography.
- Stay tuned to the blog for occasional photos and updates.
- View a weird and wonderful collection of photos on Tumblr.
- See links about cars, film, music, & photography on Twitter.
- Discover books, including photography books, on Goodreads.
Articles & Interviews
- B&H Photo Travel Series: How to Shoot 360 Panoramas, 2014
- Video presentation on The Panographers, Episode 5: Panography of the Dark, 2013
- Night photography interview on Luces de la Noche, 2013
- The View All Around You: How A Pro Photographer Shoots 360-Degree Panoramas on Digital Trends, 2013
- This Tresspasser Does the Shooting: Photographing Forbidden Places on Digital Trends, 2013
- Night Photography: Interview with Emily Chiverton, 2013
- San Francisco Chronicle article: Photographers find light in the dead of night, 10/8/2011
- 10 questions about fine art photography: Interview with Holli Brunkala, 2011
- Featured on La Lettre De La Photographie, 2010
- Featured on Rachel Hulin's A Photography Blog, 2010
- Interview with Andy Frazer - Part One and Part Two, 2010
- Q&A with Joe Reifer & Troy Paiva: Interview with Blake Andrews, 2010
- Old cars, they just don't make 'em like they used to: Interview with Laura Greb, 2010
- 9 Questions on Urbex: Interview with Alan Rapp, 2009
- Night Photography: Interview with Mark Welker, 2009
- The Night Writerz: Night Photography Podcast Interview on iTunes, 2009
- The Highway: A Lost Culture - Rasdall Gallery, University of Kentucky - April 2012
- Nocturnes 20th Anniversary - Harvey Milk Photo Center, San Francisco, CA - 2011
- Mare Island Nocturnes - Mare Island Historic Park Fdn Museum, Vallejo, CA - 2011
- The Nocturnes at 20 - Sanchez Art Center, Pacifica, CA - 2011
- Darkness Darkness - Art Complex Museum, Duxbury, MA - 2010-2011
- Dark Resort - Lucky Ju Ju, Alameda, CA - 2010
- Night Light - Lightbox Gallery, Astoria, OR - 2010
- Casual Abyss (Hamburger Eyes) - Mission Cultural Center, San Francisco, CA - 2010
- Big M: Classic Cars Under the Moonlight - Lucky Ju Ju, Alameda, CA - 2009
- Darkness Darkness - 3 Columns Gallery, Boston, MA - 2008
- Toy Camera Dreams - Lucky Ju Ju, Alameda, CA - 2008
- Boneyard - Lucky Ju Ju, Alameda, CA - 2007
- Cerrito Theater - El Cerrito, CA - 2007
- Abandoned After Dark - Lucky Ju Ju, Alameda, CA - 2006
- San Mateo City Hall - San Mateo, CA - 2006
- Studio Nocturne - Fort Mason, San Francisco, CA - 2006
- After Dark And In The Streets - Lucky Ju Ju, Alameda, CA - 2005