The big art show I’ve been preparing for is this weekend in San Francisco. If you want people to buy your art, you’ve got to get them in the door. Promoting an art show during Open Studios is a big effort, as there are shows every weekend in October. The group I’m exhibiting with, the Nocturnes, is wise to use Fort Mason — it’s a place where the public can see a wide variety of art all in one location.
Here’s a roundup of some of the online press surrounding the show:
- The Studio Nocturne 2006 page features artist bios and website links
- The images I’m showing have been promoted on Flickr
- Listings on The Squid List, Upcoming.org, Fecal face, and Flavorpill
- The press release got picked up at Stock Photo Industry and Photo News Today
- The Fort Mason website
- Local arts champion and web host extraordinaire Scott Beale’s Laughing Squid blog
- Andy Frazer’s Night Photography blog
- Nicolai Grossman’s blog Photon Detector
- Bay Area photographer Thomas Hawk’s blog
Thanks to everyone for helping promote the show. Other promotion efforts include the Artspan open studios guide, an ad in Artweek, thousands of postcards, and the participating photographers’ websites and email lists. With all of this hard work, I’m sure it will be a good turnout. If you’re in the San Francisco Bay area stop by and say hello!