I was recently asked to choose a photograph to pair with the T.S. Eliot quote: “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” The image will be used as office decor. Finding an image to go with the quote was a very interesting exercise. I looked through the moonlit images of junkyards and abandoned places on my website with fresh eyes, and asked myself the following questions:
- What does my intuition say — is there an image that works well with the quote?
- What about the design — should the quote go over the image, or underneath?
- And most interestingly — how can night photography be used to inspire people outside of the typical online or gallery display contexts?
I’d like to open these questions up to you, and issue the following design challenge:
- Take a screenshot of an image from my website: www.joereifer.com
- Add either the same T.S. Eliot quote, or choose another inspirational quote
- Send me a jpeg file of your design
I will feature the best designs here on the blog, with a link back to your website. The winner will receive a print. Thanks for taking up the challenge — I’m looking forward to seeing your designs!